The 2019 Philippine general election will be conducted on May 13, 2019. It shall be a midterm election, where the winners will take office on June 30, 2019, midway the term of President Rodrigo Duterte.
The following positions are expected to be contested:
- 12 seats in the Senate of the Philippines
- All seats in the House of Representatives of the Philippines
- All regional elected positions in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao(ARMM)
- If the electorate approves the creation of the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region, the regional election for the ARMM won’t be done on this day
- All provincial-level elected positions in the provinces of the Philippines
- All city-level elected positions in the cities of the Philippines
- All municipal-level elected positions in the municipalities of the Philippines
Under the Local Government Code and the 1987 constitution, all terms start on June 30, 2019, and end on June 30, 2022, except for elected senators, whose terms shall end on June 30, 2025. The Commission on Electionswill administer the election.
Full Credit to the Source.